Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Reading dinner

On Friday night, Krishen felt like sharing some of his heritage with me and took me to an authentic Indian restaurant. The great thing about Indian menus is there are so many vegetarian options, since many Indians think so highly of animals and are raised as vegetarians. I've only had Indian food twice: First time was when I made chicken curry with Krishen's dad. It wasn't too easy and I would have never been able to figure out the proper spice ratios on my own. The second time was when I went to a family dinner with them and tried a variety of Indian food that was very tasty and filling.

I had trouble figuring out what on the menu to order, but went with a type of curry that is a sort of cashew nut and heavy cream mix, with spices, potatoes, and vegetables mixed in. You pour this mixture over rice or naan bread to eat. It was so delicious and I will definitely come back:
The appetizers we shared were vegetable samosas, and garlic cilantro naan bread dipped in a variety of sauces. Krishen particularly like a sauce that can be easily made by combining tomatoes, onion, and Indian spices (I named it Indian salsa) but it was too spicy for me.


Krishen ordered a chicken curry, and he admitted to liking my vegetable curry more!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment