Monday, September 27, 2010

Ace Wasabi in the Marina

This Friday night, I tried oysters for the very first time at Ace Wasabi in the Marina. I went with a group of five boys, plus me. They ordered oysters and I decided to try one because I've been rather curious about them lately.

I put too much crushed garlic on mine because I was afraid of the taste. It tasted alright, but I don't think I'll eat one again.



My sushi roll had avocado, crab, cucumber and cream cheese, with crunchies wrapped outside. It was an average roll, it tasted like a roll from any other sushi restaurant (except not as good as Kane). I was debating over whether or not crunchies is a commonly used word to describe the tempura bits that make sushi crunchy...anyone know?

The best part of the meal were the amazing Saki bombs with some sort of sparkling pear beer and sparkling Saki. My friend's sister worked there and hooked it up with free Saki bombs. I wanted to slowly sip mine instead of chug it since it was so yummy, but since I was outnumbered by boys, I had to man up and chug.


Service: slow, they were very crowded

Food: average

Price: $ pretty cheap for sushi, and for being in the Marina

Atmosphere: W sat in the back room, which is where they seat large parties. It was so loud with groups of drunk people and I was getting overwhelmed. I noticed every person who walked into that back room though was extremely attractive as if every guy and girl in there was coming from a photo shoot with professional hair, makeup, and styling. Guess that's just the neighborhood?


No comments:

Post a Comment