Monday, September 20, 2010

French toast

While we're on the topic of breakfast food kicks, I recently went through a french toast phase. You can pair them with any fruit you like, such as...
Naners and agave....
I like to use a protein style bread from Trader Joe's, beat two whole eggs in a bowl with lots of cinnamon, dip the bread in the egg mixture, then cook bread on both sides in a medium-heat pan, and that's it. Sprinkle with more cinnamon, powdered sugar, syrup, or agave - depending on how healthy you are trying to be.
Blackberries and powdered sugar...
A little powdered sugar never killed anybody :) I love this breakfast because it's very filling and gets your eggs, grains, and fruit in. I think getting these food groups in is good, but if you don't eat bread, then I'm assuming you don't eat sugar, and I'm sorry because this recipe is just a tease.


No comments:

Post a Comment