Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mom's Tacos - my favorite

One of my favorite things to eat when I come home is TACOS!! Especially when they are made by my Mom. I know she made these tacos pictured below, because I would not have taken the time to wrap the bottoms in foil so nicely.


Tacos are easy to make, you simply take your favorite ingredients and make them to your liking. I usually use wheat tortillas from Trader Joes, but you can fine wheat tortillas at any grocery store. I make my good guac or just cut up avocados, add tomatoes, lechuga, CILANTRO (this is key for me, I like cilantro in every bite), black refried beans, brown rice, diced onion, sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese or soy cheese, and sometimes finish with sour cream.

I also buy this really delicious fake taco meat that is pre-cooked and seasoned from Trader Joes. You just mix it in with beans while cooking them to heat it all together.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Hey, Nik I figured out how to create a google account so I can respond to your blogs! Have fun with your recipes. How about your yummy deserts!

    ReplyDelete