Monday, September 20, 2010

Eggs benni!


I'm on a real eggs benedict kick right now. I make it without the ham, but you can add avacodo and/or spinach instead. OR if you want to go all out you can have the bread, ham, avacado, spinach, egg, cheese and hollondaise sauce.

I use toasted Trader Joes wheat english muffins. The hardest part is making the poached eggs just right and not having the water boiling too high because it can overcook the egg or break it apart. I give credit on all the poached eggs to Krishen because I mess them up. He even does it without a slotted spoon! (If you have an extra slotted spoon I'd really love one)

I get a pre-made sauce also at Trader Joes, that you spoon into a double boiler pan to melt it. It's very bad for you...so you can't eat these all the time. If it's the weekend and you've already thown all health concerns out the window, pair with mimosas!
*Secret to the sauce is adding in a special herb...I usually use dried basil before melting it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment